CHEMERA from Signature Science delivers unmatched sensitivity, selectivity, and speed using Rapiscan’s compact, field portable Quadrupole Ion Trap Time-of-Flight mass spectrometer (Qit-ToF MS) technology coupled with novel machine learning based algorithms.
Extensive testing shows that:
- CHEMERA achieves ultra-low detection and high-confidence identification — even for “dirty” or chemically complex samples.
- CHEMERA can analyze solid, liquid, or vapor samples in rapid succession — just 90 seconds per sample.
- CHEMERA returns clear “detect/no detect” results and displays detailed spectra information when needed.
- CHEMERA eliminates the need for costly, logistically burdensome carrier gasses and columns and is the ideal technology to achieve laboratory-grade field confirmation, enabling real-time decision making when and where it matters.
CHEMERA Eliminates Capability Gaps in Chemical Detection
- Ruggedized to survive the field environment (humidity, salt, dust, sand, and water) without impacting detection performance.
- Designed to minimize complexity and maintenance burden (no tools required) for the user and reduce sustainment costs.
- Capable of high sensitivity with low false alarm rates, high sample throughput, and unparalleled resolution and accuracy that enables expanded threat coverage.
CHEMERA: Field-Portable, Multi-Modal, and Based on Advanced Algorithms
- Field-portable QiT-ToF MS with low-logistics atmospheric pressure photoionization (APPI) front-end.
- Multi-modal sampling capability for solids, liquids and vapors; including a hand-held vapor collector with low-cost sampling media. Operable in all PPE levels. Single format sample media reduces training burden.
- Robust advanced algorithms, existing spectral datasets and DOE-informed testing strategies.
|Dimensions||31” x 24” x 17”|
|Power||Fixed or Hot Swappable Batteries|
|Probability of Identification||95%|
|Limit of Detection||100 Picograms|
|Time to Result||90 Seconds|
|Sample Cost||$1.50 per Sample|
|Chemical Libraries||Chemical Warfare Agents, Non-Traditional Agents, Explosives, Narcotics, Pharmaceuticals|
CONTACT: Danielle Dickinson, Director, System Design & Integration