RAMS is an intelligent, portable, air sampling system designed for use in hard-to-reach environments. RAMS can be deployed as a stand-alone collection system or coupled with and triggered by a chemical sensor to support air quality measurement and characterization. Active air sample collection on standard sorbent tubes enables the targeting and identification of specific pollutants, chemicals, and compounds of interest.
RAMS has Broad Applicability
- Military and Homeland Security applications for detection of chemical-agent related compounds and signatures
- Air quality monitoring in indoor and outdoor environments
- Environmental research and monitoring
- Public health investigations
- Hazardous waste site assessment and remediation
- Monitors VOCs
- Communication over long range (up to four miles, line of sight)
The Rams Portable Air Sampling System
|Technology||The Remotely Activated Multi-tube Sampler (RAMS) is a portable, battery-operated system for air sample collection with sorbent tubes, controlled by touch screen.|
|Capabilities||Detect Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) and other gases.|
• Record time, sample flow rate, temperature, humidity, pressure, and VOC levels during collection
• Remote activation from an external trigger or through RF communication.
• Collect up to four samples, sequentially, at accurate flows rate settings between 80 ml/min and 1 liter/min.
|Operational Modes||• Manual Mode – Collection controlled in real-time via the touch screen; |
• Scheduled Mode – Timer based, collection schedule and parameters set in advance;
• Auxiliary Mode – Collection timing controlled through external trigger; and
• Communications Mode – Collection controlled in real-time through long-range communications.
|Operating Temperature & Humidity||4–49 °C (39–120 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10–50 °C (14–122 °F)|
|Dimensions||10″ x 5.5″ x 3.5″|
|Sorbent Tubes||• Fits four (4) standard stainless steel or|
glass tubes with OD .25 in (6.4 mm)
and lengths between 3.25 – 3.5 in
(82 – 90 mm)
• VITON™ O-rings, dash number 108, are included that are used for tube installation and sealing
|Adaptability||Small size allows adaptive use on multiple platforms (e.g., UAV, UGV)|
|Power||Rechargeable battery pack|
|Battery Life||~18 hours|
|Auxiliary Input Rating||3.3-5 V|
|Battery Capacity||2600 mAh|
|Battery Voltage||11.1 V|
|Communication||900 MHz RF, 128-bit encryption with a windows based application|
|Communication Range||Up to 4 miles (6.5 km)|
|Data Storage||Micro SD Card (FAT 32)|
|User Interface||3.2” gen4 Series Intelligent Display Module with DIABLO16 Graphics Controller|
Want more information about RAMS?